First Presbyterian Church of Albion

Bero Architecture had assisted the congregation with several repair, restoration, and master planning projects over the years. Beginning in 2006 we provided design and construction administration services to restore the Sanctuary ceiling of the church”s 1876 building.  The goal was to leave sound original plaster intact  and replace deteriorating areas.  During the work, the plaster and paint contractor, Swiatek Studios, found  original decorative stenciling underneath existing coats of paint.  The congregation decided to restore the entire Sanctuary according to this discovery, which was supported by historic newspaper articles found during the work.  The articles described the original decorative scheme and traditional religious symbology.  The result is a beautiful worship space that the congregation is very proud of.

We are honored that this project was recognized with an Award of Merit by The Landmark Society of Western New York in 2008.