Arnold Park Entrance Monuments

Arnold Park, once an exclusive gated community established in 1859 between East Avenue and Park Avenue, had been graced with distinctive cast stone gateways since the 1860s. By the late twentieth century the gateways were in distressed condition from natural weathering, pollution, and damage inflicted by cars and snow plows. Bero Architecture assisted the Arnold Park Neighbors in the 1990s with assessing the condition of the gateways at Park Avenue and East Avenue and pursuing grant funding for their reconstruction. In 2001 through the combination of a large private donation and a neighborhood property tax levy, funds were finally available to pursue a full reconstruction of the gateways. Bero Architecture provided full architectural services for the exacting reconstruction of the Arnold Park gateways completed in 2004.